Friday, December 15, 2006

A few somethings in a day of nothings: Dec 14th

MOMENT OF THE DAY: Stepping out. To a gust of wind whose force I have never felt the likes of before. The first time I've experienced sub-zero temperatures in 11 years and the wind made me feel all the more numb. So this is what the Black Caps deal with in Wellington all the time?

ADVICE FOR THE DAY: "Stock yourself with movies, it'll be a long cold winter." - Nitin

BITCH OF THE DAY: Exams, and my apparent inability to come to terms with them.

WOTLA MOMENT OF THE DAY: Actually following cricinfo's online commentary, rather their ball-by-ball description of the Ashes play. It's a mixed bag, but you get to hear gems like "Boony wants a beer (crowd roar)." A nice throwback to the radio commentary days.

MOOD OF THE DAY: Anger. The unaccountable kind. This is what studying sometimes does to you, making you angry for no reason. Anger at what? At not making the most of the last year at home? At looking at the book and going blank? At not finding a suitable retort when most needed? For wishing I was anything but what I am? I need an outlet for this, but there's none in sight. If I had my way, everyone around me would turn into imps, I'd be armed with a Plasma Rifle and BFG 9000 and switch to ultra violence mode. IDKFA forever! But the laws of conservation prevail, and it's back to the books.

SONG OF THE DAY: Burning For You - Blue Oyster Cult. Really haunting song, this one. Might as well be "Burning for Bangalore", in my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment