Monday, March 9, 2009

The Slacker

To be sung to the tune of The Seeker by The Who (see link at the end for the original). This didn't come out as well as my previous attempt at a spoof, but it's a bit more autobiographical.

[Dedicated to anyone who has happily acquired the jobless, wothla, vetti, or vella tag]

I've slept through my past,
Don't bleed for my future,
I just live for this moment,
But they all think I'm a loser

Chorus:
They call me The Slacker,
I've been drifting low and high
I won't care a hoot what I'm after,
Till the day I die.

I asked Richie Linklater,
I asked my teachers
I asked Dude Lebowski,
But he couldn't help me either

[Repeat Chorus]

People tend to bug me,
'Cause I got no plans
As they ransack my dreams they make me wanna scream,
Focusing on my space,
Need my peace of mind
I'm a Slacker, I'm a really clueless man.

I won't care a hoot what I'm after,
Till the day I die.

I learned how to curb my useless anger,
Yeah, but look at my face, see me fake a smile
I'm happy when life's good, and when it's bad I'm mine
I've got an MS Degree, but I don't know how or why!

They're looking for me,
They think I'm confused
I try hard to tell them,
But they keep telling me what to do!

[Repeat chorus]

Current Music: The Who - The Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment